The kiwifruit industry is New Zealand’s largest horticultural exporter and Zespri Kiwifruit represents 47 percent of all horticultural exports from NZ, generating NZD$1.9 billion in global kiwifruit sales last year. The Zespri Innovation Fellowships are offered to build awareness of the kiwifruit industry as an exciting career option, to encourage further research into kiwifruit and related fields and finally to encourage capability building.
What it includes
Successful applicants will be awarded (up to the maximum value (per annum);
- stipend and student fees up to the indicated maximum value for each level of study per annum as follows;
- Honours NZD $6,500 pa
- Masters NZD $16,500 pa
- PhD NZD $28,000 pa
- Additional mentoring support from industry scientists, including Zespri Innovation Leaders
- Attendance to Zespri Innovation Fellowship function and other relevant industry engagements throughout the year.
Who should apply?
There is an huge array of exciting opportunities and careers for hard-working, dedicated and passionate people to continue to grow, improve, develop and lead the kiwifruit industry forward.
Science students with an interest in undertaking research in the kiwifruit or horticulture industry, particularly those with interest in the key topic areas outlined below.
Each year key topics are put forward by the Zespri Innovation Fellowship group in areas where there is a need for specific research. The hot topics for this year are:
- New Cultivars data management
- Health & Nutrition
- Manipulating fruit taste and quality
How to apply
Applications are now closed.
Download the information guide here or for additional information contact the Innovation Coordinator via email; Zespri.Innovation@zespri.com