Researching the way the industry interacts with natural resources, developing best practice growing techniques and communicating this knowledge effectively with growers is fundamental to improving the way we do things on orchard.
Growing and picking kiwifruit accounts for 21% of ZESPRI® Kiwifruit's carbon footprint and ZESPRI, in collaboration with our growers and research partners, has developed a number of initiatives to help reduce these emissions.
Check out our initiatives below or on the left hand menu.
- See what ZESPRI® growers Darren and Tracy Chinnery are up to on their Riverside orchard;
- Learn about ZESPRI's soil carbon study and its impact on greenhouse gas emissions;
- Check out the first information from a feasibility study on using distributed biogas plants to recover the energy and nutrients from waste kiwifruit;
- Buzz around ZESPRI's and New Zealand Beekeepers work to safeguard natural pollination;
- Understand the ARGOS study on New Zealand's farming and horticultural systems, and their impact on biodiversity;
- See how ZESPRI is leading the way on virtual water content;
- Delve into the ways ZESPRI and their growers share best practice information;
- Look into Arondale Orchard's Keith Holdom use of science and technology to improve his orchard's sustainability;
- Take a quick look at ZESPRI's natural weed and pest control managemet programme