ZESPRI collaborate with packhouses and coolstore operators to ensure only the best quality fruit is delivered to our customers. The strength of these relationships has enabled us to develop processes to ensure quality and provide efficiencies with environmental benefits.
Packing and storing kiwifruit is responsible for 7% of total carbon emissions, and numerous programmes are underway to improve efficiency and minimise energy.
Check out our initiatives below or on the left hand menu.
- See how improving coolstore efficiency can reduce power use by over 10%
- What's the next step in packaging?
- Discover how our Belgium repacking operation converted its power supply to renewable energy
- Look into the principle of lean manufacturing that is being adopted by our packing partners
- Check out latest research on converting fruit waste into bio-based polymers
- Learn how we reduced storage, freight and transport costs by changing the design of one of our packaging trays