Required time 1 hour
- 3 Zespri® SunGold Kiwifruit
- 20g sliced almonds
- 20g ground hazelnuts
- 140g corn flour
- 120g rice flour
- 100g butter at room temperature
- 50g sugar
- 1 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 30g chocolate chips
- Peel the kiwifruit and crush them with your hands in a large bowl. Mix the flours with the sugar and the bicarbonate of soda. Add the rest of the ingredients and knead the dough until it’s dense and smooth. Let the dough rest in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into evenly sized balls. Place on a baking sheet lined with baking parchment. Gently press down on each ball to make rough coin shapes.
- Transfer to an oven, pre-heated to 180º C, for 15-18 minutes. When done, remove, place on a wire rack and allow to cool before eating.
When making biscuits, always use butter that’s at room temperature (softened) and not melted in a microwave or in a pan. When the whey and the fat separate you end up with an overly greasy and unappealing end product.