The Zespri® SunGold Chia Trifle combines this nutrient dense kiwifruit with the protein rich chia seeds. A nourishing, revitalising breakfast or the perfect snack at any time.
- 4 tablespoons black chia seeds
- 1 cup water
- 2 Zespri® SunGold Kiwifruit, peeled and sliced
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 1 vanilla bean scraped
- 2 Zespri® SunGold Kiwifruit, peeled and sliced for layering
- 1 tablespoon mint, washed, dried and finely chopped
- 1 cup coconut yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons macadamia nuts, crushed
- Extra maple syrup for drizzling
- Soak chia in water for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine kiwifruit, maple syrup, lemon juice and zest, vanilla.
- Add chia and blend until smooth in a food processor.
- Distribute half the mixture into individual serving glasses.
- Layer with sliced kiwifruit, mint and add more chia mixture.
- Add a layer of coconut yoghurt.
- Continue this process so you have two layers of chia and two layers of kiwifruit to create a trifle effect.
- Set in fridge 4 hours or overnight.
- Garnish with crushed macadamias and drizzle with maple syrup to serve.