Required time 20 minutes
- 700g salmon fillets, skin and bones removed
- 125g mascarpone cheese
- 30g crunchy, fried onions
- 7g extra virgin olive oil
- 5g salt
- Black pepper to taste
- 2g chopped basil
- 1 handful green asparagus
- 3 Zespri® SunGold Kiwifruit
- 50g peeled celery
- 1 tablespoon coriander
- 30g extra virgin olive oil
- Peel and chop the kiwifruit along with the celery. Mix together with the olive oil, season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- In a bowl, mix together the mascarpone cheese, chopped basil, fried onions, 5g of the olive oil, and the salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Cook the asparagus in boiling water for 3 minutes. Remove from the water, chop and set aside.
- In the meantime, brown the salmon to your liking in a few drops of olive in a non-stick pan. Once browned on both sides, remove from the heat and season.
- Place the salmon on a plate, cover it with the mascarpone mixture and serve alongside the asparagus and the kiwifruit salsa.
If you want, you can blend the kiwifruit with the oil and the celery. This will make it much easier to spread and more enjoyable.
The freshness and the sweetness of the salsa can be used to enhance the flavour of any of your favourite fish.