The kiwifruit industry is New Zealand’s largest horticultural exporter and Zespri is the leading global kiwifruit marketer. With revenue of $2.3 billion in 2016/17. The Zespri Innovation Scholarships are offered to build awareness of the kiwifruit industry as an exciting career option, to encourage further research into kiwifruit and related fields and finally to encourage capability building.
What it includes
Successful applicants will be awarded (up to the maximum value (per annum);
- student fees up to the indicated maximum value for each level of study per annum as follows;
- Masters NZD$20,000pa (stipend) plus university fees
- PhD NZD$30,000pa (stipend) plus university fees
- Additional mentoring support from industry scientists, including Zespri Innovation Leaders
- Attendance relevant industry engagements throughout the year.
Who should apply?
There is an huge array of exciting opportunities and careers for hard-working, dedicated and passionate people to continue to grow, improve, develop and lead the kiwifruit industry forward.
Science students with an interest in undertaking research in the kiwifruit or horticulture industry.
How to apply
Applications are now open and must be submitted no later than 31 July 2018. Click here for an application form. Appliations can be sent to:
Attn: Innovation Coordinator,
400 Maunganui Road,
PO Box 4043,
Mount Maunganui 3149
or by email at email@example.com.
Applications will be reviewed and applicants will be notified of the success of their application by 31 August 2018.
Download the information guide here or for additional information contact the Innovation Coordinator via email; firstname.lastname@example.org