Zespri Kiwifruit means vitality. It is a rich source of vitamin C, with one Zespri Kiwifruit providing more vitamin C than an orange. Zespri Kiwifruit fans have been enjoying this vitality for years and scientific studies have proven that eating kiwifruit improves mood and vitality.
Zespri Kiwifruit is also a source of dietary fibre, which is important for keeping the digestive system healthy.
In addition, Actinidin, the protease enzyme which is unique to kiwifruit, helps us to digest several food proteins, including those found in meat, milk, legumes and cereal.
Zespri Kiwifruit consistently ranks as one of the most nutrient-rich fruit available, providing everyday good health. The high fibre content, vitamins, antioxidants and minerals of kiwifruit drive its superior nutritional value and make it one of the healthiest fruits available.
Did you know that the powerful combination of vitamin C, dietary fibre, actinidin, potassium and folate, gives Zespri Kiwifruit one of the highest nutrient density and adequacy scores compared to other common fruit? The nutrition table (below) of all our varieties tells it all.
Zespri Kiwifruit contain so many vitamins and minerals, they’re truly bursting with natural goodness. Zespri Kiwifruit is also a low glycaemic index (GI) food. There's nothing but goodness inside a kiwifruit – nothing to make you feel guilty in there!
Pleaseclick here to down load a Nutrition Table of the Zespri Kiwifruit varieties.
- The conciseNZ Food Composition Tables - 12 edition (2016) to be downloaded from: www.foodcomposition.co.nz/concise-tables
- Zespri SunGold kiwifruit is entry L1077, page 106.
- Zespri Gold kiwifruit is entry L1036, page 106.
- Zespri Green kiwifruit is entry L1026, page 106.
- Zespri Organic Green kiwifruit L1010, page 106.
- Zespri Sweet Green kiwifruit L1078, page 106.
References of nutrition tables of other fruit (eg for calculation nutrition adequacy score):
- The USDA USDA Nutrient Database(US Department of Agriculture): http://ndb.nal.usda.gov/
- Zespri SunGold kiwifruit is from now on in the table. Entry 9520.
- This database is our reference for other fruit to compare with (eg USDA number of fresh raw oranges - 09201, apples with skin - 09003, bananas – 090040, strawberries - 09316)