Top Tips for a Positive Daily Energy Boost
Long summer days require a steady supply of energy. But how can you ensure you get the positive boost you need in a natural, healthy way? Look no further - the Zespri™ vitality team are here to help! Keep reading to find out how the nutritious and delicious Zespri™ SunGold kiwifruit can put a spring in your summer step.
Head for the water!
Staying hydrated is one of the easiest ways to keep up positive energy levels. As well as drinking more liquids, think about adding some water-rich fruits and vegetables to your diet. Zespri™ SunGold kiwifruit has a high water content1,2, as well as 17 essential vitamins and minerals to boost your daily diet1,2.
Go vitamin C!
If you want to stay energised from morning to night, then choose foods high in vitamin C, a natural antioxidant that has been shown to increase vitality levels and reduce tiredness and fatigue3,4. Zespri™ SunGold kiwifruit is a rich source of this nutrient, containing more vitamin C per 100g than an average orange5.
The funny thing about exercise is, the more you do it, the more energised you feel! It can be hard to get started sometimes, but the post-workout glow is more than worth it. Take advantage of the warmer summer weather to get outdoors and enjoy a bit of nature – there is nothing like a breath of fresh air to revitalise both body and mind. In fact, why not pop a couple of kiwifruit in a bag to enjoy before or after you exercise. With only 79 kcal per 100g, Zespri™ SunGold kiwifruit is a perfect choice when you are looking after your weight, containing far fewer calories than other energy filled snacks.
Make your healthy irresistible!
What's better on a hot summer day than a cool, refreshing smoothie? This recipe for a watermelon and Zespri™ SunGold kiwifruit version tastes as delicious as it sounds. The contrasting colours and tropical flavours are guaranteed to tickle taste buds and bring a splash of sunshine to an otherwise normal day. What’s more, its packed full of H20, vitamins, and minerals – which means we are positive you’ll find your natural boost of energy by the time its finished.
- New Zealand Ministry of Health. New Zealand FOODfiles 2014 Version 01. Available from: www.foodcomposition.co.nz/ (accessed 10 January 2017)
- USDA national nutrient database for standard reference (release 28) 2015. Available from:https://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/(accessed 10 January 2017)
- Carr AC, Bozonet SM, Pullar JM, Vissers MC. Mood improvement in young adult males following supplementation with gold kiwifruit, a high-vitamin C food. J Nutr Sci. 2013 Jul 24;2:e24
- European Commission. EU register on nutrition and health claims (2012).
- USDA national nutrient database for standard reference (release 28). 2015.