3 ripe bananas
2 cups of oats
1½ tsp baking powder
1tsp ground cinnamon (optional)
A dash of almond milk
1tsp of coconut oil
4 Zespri™ SunGold™ kiwis, peeled and sliced
Mixed seeds (optional)
- In a blender or food processor combine the bananas, eggs, oats, baking powder and cinnamon (if using) and blend until smooth and well combined.
- Allow the mixture to stand for a few minutes to let the oats soak up some of the liquid.
- The batter should be quite thick. If you think it is too thick, then add a dash of almond milk. If it is too thin, add some more oats and blend again until it has thickened.
- Heat the coconut oil in a large non-stick frying pan and spoon in the batter, forming 3-4 (depending on the size of your pan) small palm-sized pancakes.
- Reduce the heat slightly (they burn fast if the temperature is too high!). Once bubbles start to appear on the surface and the edges are done, flip the pancakes using a large spatula.
- Cook until golden brown and then transfer to a plate.
- Serve immediately topped with a spoonful of Greek yoghurt, the sliced Zespri™ SunGold™ kiwis, a drizzle of maple syrup and a sprinkling of mixed seeds.