- 400 g baby new potatoes
- 300 g green beans, trimmed and cut into pieces
- 60 g lean smoked bacon
- 1 Zespri Green kiwifruit
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Wash the potatoes, removing any blemishes and place in a saucepan. Cover with water and add a pinch of salt. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender but not mushy. Drain and allow to cool.
- Place the trimmed, chopped beans in the same saucepan with just enough water to cover. Add a pinch of salt, bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 3-4 minutes or until just tender. Drain and rinse in a bowl of ice water.
- Finely slice the bacon and onion. Warm one tablespoon of oil in a pan and sauté the onion. When the onion has softened and gone transparent, add the bacon pieces and cook until crisp.
- Now thickly slice the potatoes and put them in a bowl with the beans, bacon and onion. Then add the Zespri kiwifruit, peeled and diced.
- Prepare a simple vinaigrette by whisking together the rest of the oil, vinegar and a pinch of salt and pepper. Add this to the salad just before eating.