- 6 Zespri Green kiwifruit, peeled and cut in chunks
- 500 g king prawns
- 1½ tablespoons sesame oil
- Finely grated zest rind of lemon
- 1 tablespoon basil leaves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon coriander (cilantro) leaves, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Couscous to serve (optional)
- Peel the prawns, leaving their tails on.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the sesame oil, lemon zest, herbs, soy sauce and seasonings.
- Add the prawns.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Pre-heat the grill or barbecue.
- Thread prawns and Zespri Green kiwifruit onto skewers.
- Brush the kiwifruit with a little extra oil.
- Place the kebabs on the grill or barbecue and cook for 1-2 minutes each side, until the prawns are just cooked.
- Serve hot on a bed of couscous.
Note: Toasted pine nuts, chopped parsley and diced chilies have been folded through the couscous in the picture.