- Spread the almonds in single layer on cookie sheet. Toast at 190°C (375°F), 8 – 10 minutes, until lightly browned. Cool.
- Prepare the pie crust dough according to package direction. Roll out and place into the tart pan. Set aside.
- In a food processor, with metal blade in place, grind the almonds with the sugar. Mix in the butter, eggs and almond essence, until thoroughly combined. Blend in the flour.
- Spoon the mixture into the prepared tart shell, smoothing out the top. Bake at 190°C (375°F) for 35 – 40 minutes, until golden brown. Cool.
- Peel and slice the Zespri kiwifruit 5 mm (¼ in) thick. Arrange the kiwifruit in an overlapping, spiral pattern over top of almond mixture. Brush with melted apple jelly. Serve with lightly sweetened whipping cream if desired