2 Zespri™ SunGold™ kiwis
2 medium very ripe bananas
110g butter, softened
170g caster sugar
2 large eggs
225g self-raising flour
Chocolate, roughly chopped (optional)
1 tablespoon demerara sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 180°C/gas mark 4.
- Grease and line a loaf tin.
- Peel one of the SunGold™ kiwis and mash in a bowl along with the two bananas and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- One by one, carefully mix in each egg, stirring well to make sure it is well incorporated.
- Mix in the flour and mashed mixture and stir through. If using chocolate, here is where you would add your chunks of chocolate.
- Spoon the mixture into the loaf tin and sprinkle over the demerara sugar.
- Slice the remaining SunGold™ kiwi and arrange across the top of the cake.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes until cooked through and golden.