6 egg whites
340g caster sugar
1 tbsp cornflour
1 tsp white wine vinegar
1 tsp vanilla extract
300ml whipping cream
1 tbsp icing sugar
4 – 5 Zespri™ SunGold™ kiwis
2 passion fruit
- Preheat the oven to 120°c. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the egg-whites in a mixing bowl until stiff peaks form. Add the caster sugar a spoonful at a time, beating all the while and continue to beat until all the sugar has dissolved and you have a stiff glossy meringue. Add the cornflour, vinegar and vanilla and beat for 1 minute more.
- Spoon the mixture onto the baking sheet into a circle about the size of a small dinner plate, use a palette knife to shape it and working from top to bottom create ridges up the sides.
- Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes or until firm. Allow to cool completely in the oven with the heat turned off. You can leave the door ajar if you are in a hurry.
- Peel and slice the SunGold™ kiwis and halve the passionfruit.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream and icing sugar until soft peaks form. Place the pavlova on a plate. Spread with the cream mixture. Top with SunGold™ kiwi slices and passionfruit pulp. Serve.