25cm cake tin
For the topping:
4 Zespri™ SunGold™ kiwis, peeled and sliced
70g dark brown sugar
For the cake:
120g dark brown sugar
120g softened butter
1tsp vanilla extract
100g self-raising flour
1tsp baking powder
2tbsp Greek yoghurt
- Heat the oven to 180c / 160c fan / gas 4.
- For the topping put the dark brown sugar and butter in a small saucepan and melt over a medium heat until the sugar has dissolved. This should take a couple of minutes.
- Once melted, spoon the sugar and butter mixture into the cake tin ensuring there’s an equal layer on the bottom of the tin.
- Take the sliced kiwi and arrange around the tin, sitting on top of the sugar and butter layer.
- Next, create the cake mixture by creaming the dark brown sugar and butter in a large bowl until light and fluffy.
- Gradually add the eggs and vanilla extract and continue mixing.
- Sift the flour and baking power into the bowl, add the yoghurt and mix until smooth.
- Carefully spoon the mixture over the kiwi slices and spread level.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown.
- Leave the cake to cool in the tin for 5 minutes and then carefully turn out onto a serving plate.