- 5 Zespri SunGold kiwifruit, peeled and cut into pieces
- 120ml water
- 100g sugar
- 10 fresh basil leaves
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- Boil the water with the sugar for a few minutes and allow to cool.
- Blend the sugar solution, basil and lime juice either in a liquidiser or with a hand blender.
- Add the kiwifruit pieces and blend until smooth. Pour the blended Zespri SunGold kiwifruit mixture into a bowl and place in the freezer for at least three hours.
- Every 30 minutes, remove the bowl from the freezer and beat well before returning.
- Divide the granita over four ice cold glasses and garnish with a few leaves of basil.