6 Zespri™ Green Kiwifruit, peeled and cut in chunks
1 lb (500g) king prawns
1-1/2 tbsp sesame oil
finely grated zest from of lemon
1 tbsp fresh basil leaves, finely chopped
1 tbsp fresh cilantro, finely chopped
1 tsp soy sauce
salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
hot couscous or rice to serve (optional)
- Peel the prawns, leaving the tails on. In a medium-sized bowl, combine the sesame oil, lemon zest, herbs, soy sauce and seasonings. Add the prawns. Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Pre-heat the grill or barbecue.
- Slice kiwis into halves and scoop out large chunks of fruit with a spoon. Fruit pieces need to be large enough to thread onto a skewer.
- Thread the prawns and Zespri kiwifruit onto skewers. Brush the Zespri™ Kiwifruit with a little extra oil.
- Place the kebabs on the grill or barbecue and cook for 1-2 minutes each side, until the prawns are just cooked.
- Serve hot on a bed of couscous or rice.