4 Zespri™ Green Kiwifruit
vegetable oil, for the pan
1 lb (500g) chicken breast, boneless, skinned and sliced
1 clove garlic, crushed
2 fresh red chillies, seeded and sliced
1 large red bell pepper, chopped
1/4 cup oyster sauce
1/4 cup cashew nuts, roughly chopped
1-1/2 cups bean sprouts
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, sliced
hot cooked egg noodles, or rice (optional)
- Heat an oiled wok or large frying pan to medium-high heat.
- Stir-fry the chicken in batches until browned and tender. Set chicken aside, and keep warm.
- Stir-fry the garlic, chillies and red bell pepper until tender.
- Return the chicken to the wok and add the oyster sauce, cashews, bean sprouts and basil.
- Slice Zespri kiwifruit into halves and spoon out bite-sized chunks into the wok with the remaining ingredients. Stir-fry until just hot.
- Serve on a bed of egg noodles or rice.