2 Zespri™ SunGold Kiwifruit
sliced Zespri SunGold Kiwifruit (for garnish)
3 oz (1/3 cup) Tequila
1 oz (3 tbsp) Cointreau, or other orange flavored liqueur
6 oz (3/4 cup) fresh squeezed lime juice
2 oz (1/4 cup) grenadine syrup
sea salt (for the rim)
1 lime wedge
- Place sea salt in a shallow saucer.
- Wet the rims of two margarita glasses with the lime wedge, and dip rims in the salt.
- Place the ice, tequila, Cointreau, grenadine and lime juice in a blender and blend well.
- Slice the Zespri™ SunGold Kiwifruit into halves and spoon the fruit into the blender.
- Blend just until combined. Be sure not to over blend, as crushed Zespri kiwifruit seeds can taste bitter.
- To serve, pour into prepared margarita glasses and garnish with gold Zespri kiwifruit slices.
- Recipe courtesy of Chef Stephen Barry