1 cup (125 g) flour
2 tbsp sugar
2 eggs, lightly beaten
3/4 cup (175 ml) milk
1 tbsp oil
butter or margarine for cooking
3-4 Zespri™ Green Kiwifruit
3-4 Zespri™ SunGold Kiwifruit
4-5 tbsp maple syrup, optional
finely grated zest from 1 lemon or orange
- To make the pancakes, sift the flour into a medium sized bowl and add the sugar.
- Combine the eggs, milk and oil and add to the dry ingredients. Pour batter into a jug.
- Heat a small, heavy frying pan over medium heat. Add a knob of butter and swirl to coat the base and sides of the pan.
- Pour about a 1/4 cup of the batter into the pan and swirl to cover the base. Cook until golden, about 1 minute each side.
- Remove from the pan and repeat, until all the mixture is used. Makes about 12 pancakes.
- To prepare the topping, slice the green and gold Zespri kiwifruit into halves and spoon out thick chunks into a small bowl.
- Pile Zespri kiwifruit pieces in the center of each pancake and top with maple syrup and citrus zest. Excellent served with yogurt or whipped cream.