1 Zespri™ Organic Green Kiwifruit, peeled and chopped
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons butter
2 egg whites, lightly beaten
1/2 cup fat-free half-and-half
6 tablespoons white chocolate chips, divided
- Heat oven to 425F. Line baking sheet with parchment or spray with nonstick spray.
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter with pastry blender or two knives until mixture looks crumbly.
- Stir egg whites and half-and-half into flour mixture; toss with fork to moisten ingredients. Stir in Zespri™ kiwifruit and 1/4 cup white chocolate chips. Stir gently just until mixture holds together.
- Turn dough onto lightly floured surface. Knead 5 to 6 turns. Pat dough into 8-inch circle. With sharp knife, cut into 8 wedges. Arrange wedges, about 1 inch apart, on baking sheet. Bake 9 to 12 minutes or until bottoms and edges are golden brown.
- In microwavable bowl, melt remaining 2 tablespoons white chocolate chips on high 30 seconds; stir. Microwave in 10 second intervals, stirring until melted. Drizzle over scones. Serve warm.
Recipe tip: A serrated peeler works best for peeling kiwifruit.