1 Zespri™ Green Kiwifruit
For Lamb & Marinade:
1/2 cup sour cream
1 clove garlic, crushed
12 lamb rib chops (cutlets)
For Kiwifruit Salsa:
3 Zespri™ Green Kiwifruit
1 cup peaches, chopped
1/2 cup papaya, small, peeled, seeded and chopped
1 tbsp lime juice
1 tsp Angostura bitters (or Worcestershire sauce)
2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- For the marinade, slice the Zespri kiwifruit into halves and scoop the fruit out into a food processor or blender. Add sour cream and garlic, and puree until just blended. Take care not to crush the Zespri kiwifruit seeds, as this can make your marinade bitter.
- Place the lamb chops into a large bowl, and top with the marinade. Stir until the meat is coated. Refrigerate 2 hours.
- For the salsa, slice the Zespri kiwifruit into halves and spoon chunks out onto a cutting board; dice. Place all salsa ingredients into a medium bowl and stir until blended. Set aside.
- Pre-heat grill to medium-high heat. Brush excess marinade from the lamb chops. Grill lamb 2 to 3 minutes per side until just cooked.
- Serve with the Zespri kiwifruit salsa.