¼ cup peeled & mashed Zespri™ SunGold™ kiwifruit (about 1 kiwifruit)
1 cup fresh lime juice, divided (about 8 limes)
3 cups chopped white fish (1 pound)
For Kiwifruit Vegetable Mixture:
¾ cup peeled & diced Zespri™ SunGold™ kiwifruit (3 kiwifruit)
1¼ cup diced red bell pepper (1 medium)
1¼ cup diced orange bell pepper (1 medium)
1 cup diced red onion (1-2 medium)
2 tbsp minced jalapeño (1 medium)
½ cup chopped cilantro
1 tsp minced garlic (1 clove)
1 tbsp oil
¼ cup lime juice (2 limes)
½ tsp salt
- In a large glass or ceramic bowl (do not use metal) stir together lime juice, mashed Zespri SunGold kiwifruit and fish.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours, stirring halfway through marinating time, until fish is opaque.
For Zespri Kiwifruit Vegetable Mixture:
- In a medium glass or ceramic bowl stir together diced red bell pepper, orange bell pepper, red onion, Zespri SunGold kiwifruit, jalapeño, cilantro, garlic, oil, lime juice, and salt. Set aside.
- Drain the excess lime juice from the marinated fish. Stir together the marinated fish and the Zespri kiwifruit vegetable mixture.
- Keep refrigerated or serve in a bowl over ice. Enjoy with crackers, chips, or in lettuce wraps. Best enjoyed within 24 hours.
Recipe contributed by Meme Inge of Living Well Kitchen