10 Zespri™ SunGold™ kiwifruit
3 whole cinnamon sticks
1 teaspoon whole cloves
4 cups of cold water
3 tablespoons of honey
½ teaspoon of turmeric
- Peel and slice 10 Zespri SunGold Kiwifruit.
- Add the sliced zespri kiwifruit to a 6-quart slow cooker. Add cinnamon sticks and whole cloves. Cover with water and set slow cooker on high for 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, use a potato masher or a whisk to break down the fruit. Stir in the honey and turmeric. Return heat to low for an additional 2 hours.
- After 2 hours, turn the heat off and allow to cool for 1 hour. When cool enough to handle, arrange a large bowl underneath a fine mesh strainer lined with cheese cloth.
- Strain all of the liquid into a large bowl and discard the solid contents. Garnish with a cinnamon sugar ring and enjoy!
Recipe contributed by Emily Kyle of Emily Kyle Nutrition