3 Snacks Featuring Kiwifruit As The Superfood Star
Health & Lifestyle
What makes a food a SUPER food?
If you ask the internet, you’ll probably be told it’s all about health. Superfoods are often defined by the number of nutrients they contain or how many benefits they can bring to our bodies and minds. But if you ask any honest adult, they’ll probably tell you it’s not all about health, but also about flavor: you need both to make a food truly super.
Now, we don’t like to boast—but we think Zespri™ Green and Zespri SunGold™ Kiwifruit combine the best of both worlds! The incredible nutrient profile and refreshing, delicious flavor makes Zespri Kiwifruit a SUPER superfood!
After all, what else is so good at making healthy irresistibly delicious? We're talking about kiwifruit—a nutritional powerhouse, with more than 20 essential vitamins and minerals per serving.1,2 While kiwis are excellent on their own, they also pair well with a variety of other foods. Check out the following 3 simple snack recipes that feature Zespri Kiwifruit as a SUPER food star:
Nuts and seeds are nutrient-dense foods loaded with fiber and healthy fats.3,4 They complement the vitamin C antioxidant properties found in SunGold Kiwifruit, which can increase vitality levels.5 You can store this SUPER food granola in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks!
Move over avocado toast—it's time for kiwifruit toast to take the spotlight. This delightfully simple breakfast features toast topped with cashew butter, followed by slices of SunGold Kiwifruit. Yum.
Many of us struggle to eat enough greens—but Zespri Green Kiwifruit makes it easy! Like Zespri Green Kiwifruit, kale is a SUPER food that has nutrients many of us don’t eat enough of, including fiber.4 But kale also brings vitamin K, vitamin A, calcium, potassium, vitamin C and more to the party for the perfect pairing with Zespri Green Kiwifruit.6
So, there you have it—a list of 3 SUPER food recipes, made with our superfoods Zespri SunGold Kiwifruit and Zespri Green Kiwifruit. Looking for more culinary ideas? Explore our complete cookbook of kiwi recipes for additional kiwi inspiration.
- FoodData Central. U.S. Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service website. https://fdc.nal.usda.gov/fdc-app.html#/food-details/168153/nutrients. Updated March 2019. Accessed March 15, 2022.
- FoodData Central. U.S. Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service website. https://fdc.nal.usda.gov/fdc-app.html#/food-details/168211/nutrients. Updated March 2019. Accessed March 15, 2022.
- Omega-3 fatty acids. National Institutes of Health, Office of Dietary Supplements website. https://ods.od.nih.gov/factsheets/Omega3FattyAcids-HealthProfessional/. Updated August 4, 2021. Accessed March 17, 2022.
- U.S. Department of Agriculture and U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2020-2025. 9th Edition. December 2020. Available at DietaryGuidelines.gov.
- Conner TS, Fletcher BD, Pullar JM, Spencer E, Mainvil LA, Vissers MCM. KiwiC for vitality: Results of a randomized placebo-controlled trial testing the effects of kiwifruit or vitamin c tablets on vitality in adults with low vitamin c levels. Nutrients. 2020;12(9):2898.
- FoodData Central. U.S. Department of Agriculture, Agricultural Research Service website. https://fdc.nal.usda.gov/fdc-app.html#/food-details/323505/nutrients. Updated March 2019. Accessed March 15, 2022.