We interact with our consumers in a number of ways throughout Zespri’s journey to realise our vision. We’re constantly looking to improve the ways we engage with consumers, so that we can both gather critical insights from them and tell them important things about our products and our brand.
We collect personal information from you directly when you interact with us on our website, work with us on market research or other consumer projects, or when you enter our competitions or promotions. We may collect personal information about you when you engage with us on social media platforms or contact our staff to discuss your experiences or ask us questions. We may also be provided with anonymised information by third party market research providers we use.
Where we collect personal information from you during promotions or competitions, or where we’re collecting your contact details in order to communicate with you, we will tell you certain things, particularly if we’re seeking your consent to communicate with you. Unless we advise otherwise at these times, you do not have to give us personal information but you should note that we may not be able to provide the services or experiences you have sought from us if you don’t provide the information we seek.
The information we collect might include:
- Your Full name;
- your gender;
- your date of birth;
- your contact details, including your phone number, address and email address;
- information about your use of our websites, including:
- Technical information, such as your IP address, browser type and version, time zone setting, operating system and platform;
- visit information, such as the path you took to our websites, the pages you visited and products you viewed and other ways you used our websites;
- cookies (see more below on cookies);
- public social media posts you have made about Zespri, including photographs;
- information you have provided to us about a particular market or q health research topic, such as information about your preferences, knowledge, or use of our products or about your awareness of our brand;
- notes of any calls you make to our customer service lines; and
- any emails or other correspondence relating to any services you have sought from us or complaints or concerns you have raised with us.
We take particular care with the collection of personal information about children. The law treats this information slightly differently because children may be less able to understand the consequences of providing their information to us. We limit the information we collect about children (for example via our Zespri Kids website) and we rely on their parents or guardians to ensure that children in their care do not send any personal information to us without their knowledge.